18 Calming Things

If you have not yet experienced the calming, peaceful feeling of zen from summoning a calming manatee from a website found at, surprisingly enough, calmingmanatee.com, you should totally try it out. I love this site. It’s humorous and just one click gives me a little pick-me-up. There are, also, other calming things in my life, and this post is sort of the yang (or the yin?) to my post titled 14 Irritants.

1. sleeping babies
  2. lullabies
  3. afternoon thunderstorms (sort of a paradox, but…yeah)
  4. couches
  5. blankets
  6. pillows
  7. purring cat
  8. silence
  9. shushing ocean
  10. velour sweatpants
  11. terrycloth robe
  12. best friend’s voice
  13. neck rub from husband
  14. Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food
  15. flannel sheets
  16. books
  17. The BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice
  18. DID I MENTION SILENCE!!!

What do you find soothing?

Comments
15 Responses to “18 Calming Things”
  1. val says:

You pulled me in with the photo of phish food ice cream…

2. Randi says:

What about listening to a little Carpenters?

3. ^H says:

I’ve been filling my silence with music lately. Some stranger stuff, actually.

4. Maggie says:

Numbers 7 and 16. Except when purring cat starts looking for food and puts her litter-box paws on your face. 🙂

Oh! Phish Food! Yes! Thank you! And the lack of exclamation points in my writing. Very calming! Oops! Also Fleet Foxes. And Beethoven’s 3rd, in which I see horses leaping over fences in manner of counting sheep.

6. Vicki Tremper says:

Aw, so sweet. For me, silence in which to read is calming. An empty house. As for Ben & Jerry’s flavors, I’d say Chunky Monkey and Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Yummmmmm!

• Beth Hull says:

Ooh, Coffee Heath Bar Crunch is another of my favorites!

Also, yes, an empty house – because it leads to that silence I so cherish (unless the neighbor’s dogs are barking…but I’m not thinking about that because it is NOT calming).

7. Stacey says:

Like this so much, I’m inspired to make my own list. . .

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] Thursday’s Children blog is inspired by Beth Hull’s recent blog post on 18 Calming Things. I will list out the things that give me writer’s warm fuzzies, in other words, the […]