Happy Times!

How many nights did I lie awake, imagining an agent emailing or calling to tell me she loved my book and wants to sell it for me?

Countless nights, that is the answer. Depending on how tired I was, I could adjust the daydream’s level of detail. If I wasn’t tired at all, I might see the words of the email outlining every feature the agent loved about my book, then segue into how I’d tell my friends and relatives, and then get to the part where I actually speak to the agent on the phone. If I was pretty tired, I might only get as far as opening an email that said, “Yes, I want YOU!”

But these were all just that – daydreams.

So when it actually happened, it was eerie, I tell you. Sure, at first there was gasping, and phone calls, and dancing.

And then…there was calm. And silence. And waiting to wrap up the handful of outstanding queries I had.

I’ve been sitting on this exciting news for a week, and am thrilled to finally announce:

Brandi Bowles, with Foundry Literary + Media, is now my literary agent!

(It kind of feels like announcing an engagement, or, if that analogy sounds too big, maybe a date to the (VERY IMPORTANT, VERY COOL) prom. One I couldn’t have gone to without her.)

“How I Got My Agent” blog posts seem to be very popular, but I don’t have time for that today. Maybe some other time. No promises, though. It’s the last week of Z’s school, Maverick’s seven weeks old, and I’ve got some revisions to do over the summer. Busy times! But happy.

ETA: My detailed post can be found here.

Comments
18 Responses to “Happy Times!”
  1. πŸ˜€ ❀ πŸ˜€ ❀ πŸ˜€ ❀ πŸ˜€ ❀ πŸ˜€

2. YAY!

We luff Brandi!

Congrats again πŸ˜€

Beth!!! Fantastic news and so well deserved! I can’t wait to hear the got-my-agent story. Happy revising and WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!!!

4. Jo Hart says:

Yayyy!!!!! Such awesome news! A new baby and now an agent, this is totally your year! Big hugs!

5. Beth Hull says:

Thank you, Jo and PB! All right, PB, I’ll make sure to do a got-the-agent story in the next couple of weeks.

6. rcoonfield says:

My daughter, the author! Well, you always have been an author! But now you are well, acknowledged! or, whatever you call it…I am obviously not an author! But I am a very proud mama!

7. Vic says:

yippee zippee doo da dippy!!!!! that’s not just good news, that’s AWESOME news, sistah!!!! what a great year you’ve had thus far – so glad i opened my Reader today! πŸ™‚

8. Your hard work is paying off, Beth. Brandi and you will make a great team! I’m ready to celebrate again on the good news. πŸ˜‰

9. Beth Hull says:

Vic and Nathalie – thank you!

10. madhatter says:

Beth Hull, I told you so! Your story is amazing and I can’t wait to see how the changes make it even better. Brandi seems to love it too, so as Melissa said, we love HER — plus she seems awesome in general. I am looking forward to seeing your book on the shelves one day my dear. πŸ™‚

11. Bret Ballou says:

CONGRATS!!

12. Beth Hull says:

Madhatter, if anyone can get my book on the shelves, Brandi can!

And thank you, Bret!

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...
  1. […] Oksana Marafioti, author of the recently-released memoir, American Gypsy. I met Oksana through my awesome, brand-new literary agent, Brandi Bowles, because Brandi also represents Oksana. Oksana’s book sounds so good,Β  I had to introduce […]